The settlement looks to resolve multi-district litigation that included thousands of individual and class action lawsuits filed on behalf of homeowners who say their properties were damaged by the defendants’ drywall products. For the details, head over to our blog.
At A Glance
- This Alert Affects
- Several Chinese drywall lawsuits have been filed seeking compensation for property damage and other problems related to the defective drywall. If you believe your home was built with Chinese drywall, you have valuable legal rights. Contact a lawyer today to determine if you are eligible to participate in a lawsuit.
- Individuals whose homes were built with defective Chinese drywall must deal with a strong sulfurous odor in the house, as well as problems with electrical appliances and corrosion of copper wiring. Authorities are still investigating whether Chinese drywall poses a health risk for residents of these homes.
- Numerous companies have been linked to Chinese drywall, including manufacturer Knauf Plasterboard Tianjin Co. Ltd. and builders Lennar Homes and Taylor Morrison.
- Additional Details
- Drywall is a construction product that is commonly used to finish building interiors. It is also known as wallboard or sheet rock.
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission is currently conducting an investigation into the Chinese drywall problems, but a recall has yet to be announced.