Your Baby Can Read Scam Alleged
Last Updated on June 26, 2017
Attorneys working with ClassAction.org are no longer investigating this matter. The information here is for reference only. A list of open investigations and lawsuits can be viewed here.
At A Glance
- This Alert Affects
- Consumers who have purchased the Your Baby Can Read! Early Language Development System.
- Consumers who have purchased the Your Baby Can Read! Early Language Development System may be able to recover the cost of the system due to an alleged Your Baby Can Read Scam that the company falsely represented the product's ability to teach children and infants how to read at a young age.
- Your Baby Can, LLC
- Additional Details
- The Your Baby Can Read Early Language Development System is an infant and toddler educational product which is advertised as having the ability to teach infants and children how to read at an extraordinarily young age.
Consumers who purchased the Your Baby Can Read! Early Language Development System may be entitled to financial compensation, as allegations of a Your Baby Can Read scam have surfaced claiming that Your Baby Can, LLC falsely represented the effectiveness of the Can Read Systems. Specifically, a Your Baby Can Read class action lawsuit claims that the company misled consumers to believe that the Can Read Systems could teach infants and children how to read at an extraordinarily young age. Furthermore, the Your Baby Can Read lawsuit alleges that the defendants misrepresented that scientific studies were conducted to prove the company’s claims regarding the efficacy of its products. According to the complaint, many scientists have concluded that the Can Read systems are “ineffective and worthless.”
Is Your Baby Can Read a Scam?
The Your Baby Can Read Systems were advertised through television and radio infomercials, as well as public appearances by a doctor backing the product’s claims. According to advertisements, the early language development systems could do the following:
- Teach a three-month-old baby to read by nine months old
- Enable a five-year-old to read junior high school level books
- Teach infants with Down’s syndrome how to read
- Teach an infant how to read at a young age to prevent learning disabilities such as dyslexia
Your Baby Can, LLC claimed that studies performed by the scientific community supported the use of the Can Read Systems.
According to a Your Baby Can Read class action lawsuit, however, scientific evidences does not support the company’s claims that the Can Read System can effectively develop an infant’s ability to read. The complaint states that scientists who have tested the product’s claims have found that infants using the systems are not reading, but rather memorizing shapes of the letters presented before them. These doctors and scientists claim that there is no evidence that the Can Read Systems’ memorization process increases a child’s ability to read and comprehend, according to the class action lawsuit.
Your Baby Can Read Reviews: Does Your Baby Can Read Work?
While the California class action lawsuit against Your Baby Can, LLC has made its own allegations regarding the educational tool, some consumers have posted on internet message boards posing the question, “Does your Baby Can Read work?”. Your Baby Can Read reviews have been mixed, with many consumers questioning whether a scam is behind the products. Even the Today Show examined the claims, with child development specialists agreeing that the tools teach memorization, and not real reading.
Before commenting, please review our comment policy.