Nevada Airport Car Rental Customers Allegedly Charged Unlawful Fees
Last Updated on June 26, 2017
Attorneys working with ClassAction.org are no longer investigating this matter. The information here is for reference only. A list of open investigations and lawsuits can be viewed here.
At A Glance
- This Alert Affects
- Individuals who rented cars at the Reno or Las Vegas airport from Avis Rent-a-Car, National Car Rental, Alamo Rent-a-Car or Budget Group Inc. between June 3, 2007 through Sept. 30, 2009.
- According to Nevada law, these car rental companies charged unlawful fees for its services.
- Avis, Alamo, National and Budget Group Inc. are leading rental car suppliers to leisure and value-conscious segments of the travel industry.
- Additional Details
- Customers who rented vehicles from Alamo, Budget, National or Avis at Nevada airports (Reno or Las Vegas) may be able to recover the cost of the unlawful fees.
- The unlawful charges were made to Avis, Alamo, National and Budget Group customers at the Reno and Las Vegas airports in Nevada between June 3, 2007 and Sept. 30, 2009.
The attorneys at ClassAction.org are now investigating claims of unlawful charges made to Avis Rent-a-Car, Alamo Rent-a-Car, National Car Rental and Budget Group Inc. customers who rented vehicles at the Reno or Las Vegas airport between June 3, 2007 and Sept. 30, 2009. According to Nevada law, the fees charged by these leading car rental suppliers are unlawful. An action on the same facts has settled against Hertz and Enterprise and our lawyers are now looking to investigate claims from customers who may have been wrongfully charged by leading rental car suppliers Avis, Alamo, National Car Rental and Budget Group.
Allegedly, Avis and Budget has a practice of charging these fees to its customers. In fact, the car rental companies recently settled an illegal fee case affecting nearly 11,000 customers in California who were unlawfully charged an Airport Concession Recovery Fee of up to 11% of the daily rental charge. The courts found that this fee should not be charged to local customers.
If you rented a vehicle from Avis, Alamo, National or Budget Group from the Reno or Las Vegas airport between June 3, 2007 and Sept. 30, 2009, you may be entitled to compensation.
Before commenting, please review our comment policy.