Children under the age of 16 with lead levels of at least 25 mg/dl.
Ingesting lead based paint can lead to behavioral problems, brain damage and learning disabilities.
Lead can be found in paint and on toys and furniture with such paint.
In 1977, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a final ban on lead-containing paint.
Lead can be found in gasoline, food cans and paint and poses a serious risk to children. Even brief exposure can have harmful effects on a child. Lead poisoning can lead to brain damage, behavioral problems, learning disabilities and attention problems.
The most common source of lead is found in paint. When lead-based paint chips or peels, it can cause serious health problems. Children often put their hands in their mouths, which leads to ingestion of the paint chips. It has been reported that a million children under six have blood lead levels of 10 micrograms per deciliter. This level can affect learning, development and behavior.
If your child has a high lead blood level, you may be able to seek compensation.