- March 27, 2020 – Lawsuit Filed
- February 11, 2020 – Investigation Closed
At A Glance
- This Alert Affects:
- Anyone who was charged a fee by TD Bank for receiving paper account statements.
- What's Going On?
- Under New York law, it is illegal for a business to charge a fee when a customer chooses to receive paper statements. Attorneys are now investigating whether TD Bank charged people for their paper statements and, if so, whether they can file a class action lawsuit on behalf of the bank’s New York customers.
- How Could a Class Action Help?
- A class action could help consumers get back any money they were wrongfully charged and require the bank to stop charging this fee.
- How Would I Know If I Was Charged a Fee?
- A line item for this charge, believed to be around two dollars, can be seen on your monthly bank statement.