Probiotic Culturelle Not Working as Advertised?
Last Updated on June 26, 2017
Attorneys working with ClassAction.org are no longer investigating this matter. The information here is for reference only. A list of open investigations and lawsuits can be viewed here.
At A Glance
- This Alert Affects
- Consumers who purchased a Culturelle probiotic supplement, such as Culturelle Digestive Health, Culturelle Natural Health and Wellness, Culturelle Dairy Free Health and Wellness and Culturelle for Kids.
- Consumers who bought a Culturelle branded product may have legal recourse to seek compensation to recover the cost of their purchase in light of allegations that Culturelle is not working in accordance with its advertised health claims.
- Amerifit, Inc.
- Additional Details
- Culturelle probiotics contain Lactobacillus GG, a type of good bacteria which can help with the occasional digestive problem. These products claim to offer a number of Culturelle benefits, such as maintaining and improving the user's digestive health by restoring the natural balance of bacteria in the digestive system and helping with gas, diarrhea and bloating.
If you purchased a Culturelle probiotic, you may have legal recourse to seek compensation for the cost of your supplement as claims have arisen that Culturelle is not working as advertised. Allegations have surfaced that Amerfit, Inc. misled consumers about the health benefits of these probiotics, which according to advertisements, boost overall digestive health and support the immune system. Because the health benefits of Culturelle were allegedly misrepresented by the manufacturer, consumers may have paid too much for a product which did not live up to its advertised claims.
Advertisements Claim Culturelle Benefits
Manufactured by Amerifit, Inc., Culturelle probiotic supplements contain Lactobacillus GG, a form of good bacteria, which the company claims is one of the strongest at surviving stomach acid and creating a defense against bad types of bacteria. Culturelle is advertised as a probiotic supplement which can not only help with occasional diarrhea, bloating and gas, but also supports overall immune health. Furthermore, these probiotic supplements are marketed as being able to restore the "natural balance" of bacteria in the digestive tract. Culturelle probiotics which were sold under these claims include the following:
- Culturelle Digestive Health
- Culturelle Natural Health and Wellness
- Culturelle Dairy Free Health and Wellness
- Culturelle for Kids
Allegations have surfaced, however, that the claims under which these products were sold were false and misleading.
Culturelle Reviews on Effectiveness
Testimonials on the product’s website support the Culturelle effectiveness of these probiotics, while online Culturelle reviews vary, with some consumers claiming Culturelle is not working for them. If Amerifit made false and misleading statements about the digestive and immune health benefits of its Culturelle probiotic supplements, consumers who purchased these products, including those who believe that Culturelle was not working as advertised, may have legal recourse.
Before commenting, please review our comment policy.