CBD Lawsuit Investigation: Are CBD Products Being Labeled Properly?
Last Updated on November 11, 2020
At A Glance
- This Alert Affects:
- Anyone who bought one of the CBD products listed on this page.
- What’s Going On?
- Several class action lawsuits have been filed alleging that certain products do not contain as much CBD as their labels claim. Attorneys working with ClassAction.org are looking into whether additional CBD product manufacturers can be sued.
- What You Can Do
- If you bought one of these products, fill out the form on this page. You may be able to help get a class action lawsuit started.
- What’s the Catch?
- There is none. Attorneys working with ClassAction.org believe consumers may have paid for products that were falsely advertised and want to help these people get their money back.
Attorneys working with ClassAction.org are investigating whether lawsuits can be filed on behalf of people who purchased certain CBD products.
Recent testing has shown that some products don't contain as much CBD as their labels say, meaning consumers may have paid more than they should have.
To help with their investigation, the attorneys are looking to hear from people who purchased any of the following products:
- Garden of Life Softgels
- Charlotte’s Web Hemp Oil Extract
- Barlean’s CBD Oil
- Curaleaf Tincture
- CV Sciences +CBD Oil Drops
If you bought one of these products, fill out the form on this page. You may be able to help get a class action lawsuit started to help you and other consumers get their money back.
What Started This Investigation?
Several lawsuits have been filed alleging that certain CBD products contain only a fraction of the amount of CBD being advertised on the label. In fact, in one suit against Just Brands USA, the plaintiff claims some of the company’s CBD products contain no CBD at all.
Attorneys working with ClassAction.org found that the practice of overstating the amount of CBD in supplements, creams and oils is not uncommon – and may not be limited to one manufacturer. Even the FDA has said that its own tests found that some products did not contain the amount of CBD they claimed to contain.
How Can a Class Action Lawsuit Help?
CBD products are not cheap – and a class action lawsuit could help consumers get back any money they spent on a falsely advertised product. A successful case could also force CBD companies to make changes to their manufacturing processes to help ensure people are getting what they pay for.
If you bought one of the CBD products listed on this page, fill out this form to learn more about what you can do. And, if you still have the product, don’t throw it out!
Before commenting, please review our comment policy.