- What’s Going On?
- A settlement of $5+ billion has been reached to resolve a class action lawsuit that claimed merchants paid too much in fees to accept Visa and Mastercard because the credit card companies and their member banks allegedly violated antitrust laws.
Specifically, the case claimed that the companies broke the law by imposing “no surcharge” rules and otherwise limiting merchants from steering customers to other payment methods.
Attorneys working with ClassAction.org are now signing up merchants who would like an experienced law firm to file their claim with the settlement.
- Who’s Eligible for the Settlement?
- The settlement covers all individuals, businesses and other entities that have accepted any Visa- or Mastercard-branded cards in the United States at any time between January 1, 2004 and January 25, 2019.
- How Can I Benefit from Having an Attorney Handle My Claim?
- Class action settlements and their claims processes are notoriously confusing and cumbersome. If you have an attorney file your claim, he or she can take care of everything — i.e., navigating the claim form, reviewing your business' financial data with the settlement administrator for accuracy, gathering documentation, disputing your claim amount, making sure your claim gets submitted on time, etc. All you’ll really need to do is review your completed claim form and sign off on it.
This is a historic and unprecedented settlement – and billions are on the table. If you have an attorney file your claim, he or she can do all the legwork for you and take the guesswork out of it.
- How Much Could I Get?
- The amount of your payment will be based on the actual or estimated interchange fees paid by your business for Visa and Mastercard transactions made between January 1, 2004 and January 25, 2019.
Factors that may influence your final award may include the total dollar value of all claims filed, administration costs, applicable taxes and more.
- How Can I Hire an Attorney?
- You can hire an attorney by clicking here and following the prompts.
- What Law Firm Am I Hiring?
- The firm you would be hiring is Milberg Coleman Bryson Phillips Grossman, a pioneer in the class action space and widely recognized as a leader in protecting the rights of consumers.
- What Does This Cost?
- It costs nothing to sign up. The attorneys will only get paid if they obtain money on your behalf, and their payment will come as a percentage of your settlement award.