- March 22, 2021 – Investigation Closed
At A Glance
- This Alert Affects:
- Escrow officers and escrow closers who work more than 40 hours a week and are not receiving time-and-a-half compensation for their overtime work.
- Escrow officers and escrow closers who are wrongfully denied overtime pay may be able to recover back pay, liquidated damages and attorneys' fees.
- Additional Details:
- Overtime pay aims to compensate escrow closers, escrow officers and other employees with time-and-a-half pay for hours worked in excess of 40 during a single workweek.
- Escrow closers and escrow officers who were wrongfully denied overtime may be able to recover back pay for up to the two years prior to filing an overtime lawsuit. If the worker's employer willfully violated overtime law, the employee may be able to collect up to three years of unpaid overtime.