December 19, 2019 – Cases Consolidated
In December 2019, the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) consolidated all four pending class actions involving Allergan to federal court in New Jersey. The purpose of consolidating the cases is to help conserve time and resources for all those involved and to ensure consistent rulings by having one judge preside over the litigation.
If you were implanted with the recalled breast implants, there is still time to take action. Fill out the form on this page to learn more.
At A Glance
- This Alert Affects:
- Anyone who has Biocell saline-filled or silicone-filled breast implants or tissue expanders that were recently recalled by the FDA.
- What’s Going On?
- Allergan, Inc. was recently directed by the FDA to recall certain Biocell breast implants due to concerns that they cause cancer, but the recall is only covering the cost of replacement implants. A class action is seeking remedies that weren’t provided in the recall.
- What Remedies Is the Lawsuit Seeking?
- The cost of surgery to remove the implants, diagnostic testing, and medical monitoring.
- What Can I Do?
- Fill out the form on this page and tell us about your experience with Biocell breast implants. An attorney may contact you directly to tell you more about your rights and what you can do.
- What Else Should I Know?
- It’s suspected that Allergan may be giving doctors paperwork for their patients to sign that includes a legal waiver. This paperwork, if signed, could prevent the patient from suing. It’s advisable to contact an attorney before signing anything, even if it looks like “routine” paperwork and is provided by your physician.